Monday, January 19, 2009

Royzie, I'm trying here man...

Good God, I swear if Florida makes the playoffs by 1 point and we don't, I'm totally blaming Roy. He bought and gift-wrapped a point for them when he gave them the puck in front of poor Millsey and they cranked it home in the dying minutes of the 3rd. I know that's completely and utterly ridiculous to blame an entire year on Fat Boy, but I don't feel bad.

Now, before you judge me, understand that I love My Boys. They're all like my children... I love every single one of them, but get pissed off when they act stupid (unless your TimBits, then I LOVE when you get drunk and fall off bar stools in public places where we can all see). Fat Boy has been like my red-haired step-child all year long. I want to love him, but sometimes I really, really wanna slap him upside his head and ask why he CONSISTENTLY thinks it's a good idea to:
A) play the half-wall on the PP and always throw it through the box right when they collapse it so they can then proceed to take it on Millsey for a scoring chance,
B) skate sooooo close to the blue line that all's it takes is a gentle flap of a butterfly's wing to send the puck in the wrong direction to make our boys tag up, and
C) try to do a fancy move and get the puck robbed, then fall down and cry about it while your teammates flip into defense mode and man-up.

Derek, I want to love you. I really do. You do enough really, really sweet things to make up for the bone-headed stuff. I loved it when you dove and flipped the puck out of the zone during the PK, and c'mon let's be honest about your shootout goal-did you mean to have it slip off your stick into the 5-hole? Cuz I'd like to think so, and if so, it was SWEET. If not, just lie to me and I'll never know.

On another note, TV did not get a hat trick for his 25th. However, he did get one goal, so that's pretty good. And also, I just want to say that I love him and TimBits playing on the same line. They compliment each other perfectly. Like Goose and Ellis used to... until Lindy split them up (have you noticed since then Goose has scored like TimBits at 4am after a night on the ChipStrip and Ellis has been left empty-handed like TimBits' wingman Fat Boy on said night?)

When it's all said and done we got shit done and got 2 points. It's just too bad Florida got 1 too. Oh well, call it a night boys and get ready for Tampa on Weds.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to say D.Roy did that on purpose. If you watch his movements he came in quickly zipped left than right in front of Vokoun which froze him for the fake. Then he had the opportunity to get it under him five hole. Then he had no choice to keep going stick side... which either he continued the fake or after looking ta the pics I am more likely to say now that he was following up on the shot. Although you can only hit the puck one time in a shoot out.

    ReplyDelete