Sunday, January 18, 2009

Welcome to my humble opinion

I've been a life-long Sabres fan, growing up in Buffalo. Some of my first memories are walking up the stairs to the top of the Aud and crying because I was scared I was going to fall down them (anyone who's ever been there knows what I'm talking about). I don't remember a lot about those games, but I remember getting really excited when people would yell and fight. Not until I was in 4th grade did I understand what it meant to be a real fan. I was at a game and my dad bought me a LaFontaine hat. It was way too big, but I wore it with pride. That night, he scored 2 goals, and I was convinced he scored them just for me. From that moment on I was hooked.

So I've been considering starting a Sabres blog for a while now, but have put it off until now. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and following other Buffalo blogs, so I figured why not add one of my own. Sometimes it will be funny, sometimes it will be serious. I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable about hockey and sports in general, so that's why I want to put my two sense in. There is just too much going on in Sabres World to not take part in it...

3 comments: