Friday, February 6, 2009

Anaheim recap

Holy cow do I miss out on a ton when I'm away with no internet!! I'll try to catch up with everything...

I guess I'll start off with the Anaheim game:

-Did anyone see the stat about Butler being the only + defenseman on the team?! How is this possible? [Although I'd like to add that Gragnani is as well]

-I know Miller needed the rest, but it would have been cool to see him vs. his brother.

-How is it possible that Petey had the only good scoring chance at one point in the game?

-Patty K's goal from his knees=pure amazement. How excited was he when he saw that it went in? Welcome back friend. We missed you.

-Lalime, you gave us quite the scare buddy. If that had been TimBits who got cut, he would have been dead before he even made it back to the bench to get stitched up.

-Did I hear correctly when they said that in TimBits' first 4 seasons, he only missed 3 games? What the hell happened since then? Was he exposed to some horrible disease we don't know about yet where if you look at him wrong he breaks his neck?

-Also, I found it really creepy when they interviewed Drew Miller... him and Ryan are like twins! If you cover up the top of his face, it looked and sounded like Ryan talking. Weird. Oh, and how cute is their dad? He must be so proud...

-HOLY CAP'N CRAIG!!! I guess deep down I always knew he was a scrapper, but really? 2 fighting majors? I think I fell in love. That's the passion we need in a captain. Granted, with all our children on defense, we didn't really need to lose him for that long to the penalty box, but hey whatever. He didn't even want to get in that second fight, but the guy kept asking for it. So, in return, he obliged and proceeded to kick Montador's ass.

-I wonder if all the madness we saw out of Rivet is stemming over from when he was on San Jose, and they were big rivals with Anaheim...

-And how funny was it when Lydman was about to get in a fight (when Rivet was in the box) Butler stepped in and did it instead. I think it's cuz he realized if Lydman went to the box too, we'd literally have all toddlers on the blueline.

-How crazy was the end of the 2nd period? "Old time hockey" as they called it. Goose was so pissed I swear he could have taken on the entire Duck's team. I loved how they all stayed out on the ice ready to brawl. Did you notice that all of the Sabres stayed on the bench and most of the Ducks left? I think it was cuz if the fight started, they all wanted in. And what was with Parros calling out Goose from the bench? You just know Goose wanted to grab that hairy smug face and slam it on the ice.

-So after all that, we end up loosing. The Ducks got 2 goals on 2 total BS penalty calls. The end. A well-fought [pun intended] game by the Sabres, but we just couldn't find a way to put them away when we had the chance.

At least it's the end of the way-to-long road trip. They're coming home!!

Sidenote: Here's an interesting short article from an Anaheim paper about all the fighting in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment