Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Versus? NOOOOO...

Tonight's game is on Versus. Have I said how much I hate listening to Joe Beninati, Darren Eliot, Dave Strader, Andy Brickley, and Eddie Olczyk? And the post-game hasn't been the same since Brian Engblom cut his mullet.

And don't even get me started on Christine Simpson. Good Lord, can that lady ask a question without giggling? She seriously annoys me more than the stupid NFL woman 'sideline reporters.' At least we all know the only reason they're there is for the guys to look at. Versus actually pretends they hired Simpson because of her great knowledge of all things hockey. *insert eye-roll here*

The only one of the bunch I actually like is Doc Emrick. He is super knowledgable and actually sounds like he knows what he's talking about. He even, imagine this, talks about the game while it's happening. Not what he ate for lunch. Oh, and I suppose you can put Bob Harwood in the small group that I like. He knows what's going on too, and I like when he's working with TSN and him and Rayzor play fight in the box between the benches. That's fun too. But he's a reporter, not a play-by-play or color guy. So he almost doesn't count.

I was looking around the Vs. website trying to find out who was doing the game tonight [I never found it, btw] and came across an article written by Adrian Dater who covers the NHL for the Denver Post. It was basically about how the Sabres have been playing lately and titled, "As Usual, Sabres Will Fight Back." The piece was ok, but the last sentence really struck me:

Adversity always seems to be visiting Ruff and the Sabres, and seemingly the people of Buffalo as well. But they're always still there, fighting back.

I really take that as a compliment. I hope that proves true this year. We really need to get all our ducks in a row and put out a good, hard-fought game tonight. Last time we played the Leafs we steamrolled them 5-0. And it's the same goalie, I believe, that we're facing tonight as well. But this would be a typical game to come out and lay an egg, so we'll see which of the 2 teams show up tonight. The one that could score 10 goals on any goalie, any time, or the one that forgets how to make passes and those simple plays.

I hope the former...

1 comment:

  1. My mother can't stand Chris Simpson when we watch Versus. I think she's also there because her brother used to play as a pro and now he does the analysis for a team...don't remember which one. I hate when she does interviews, it's so annoying.

    ReplyDelete