Friday, February 6, 2009

Yes, yes, yes

Oh how I love Toronto games. I remember growing up and getting so excited to see the Sabres vs. the Leafs, knowing that Domi and Ray were going to have it out at least once during the night. Yes-lately it's a far bigger event when we play Ottawa-but c'mon, if you're true Blue and Gold, you know there is something inside you that jumps up and down when we play TO.

Which is why I was very upset when I realized that I was going to have to miss the game. My friend got free Suite tickets for the Amerks so we went up to Rochester for the game. I was freaking out so much that we had another friend tape the game so we could watch it upon our return home. And boy, am I glad we did! I would have been very, very disappointed if I had missed that game. [Besides the fact that the Amerks seriously suck. Really bad. I believe there were, oh, maybe 500 people there. And people only clapped 3 times. Once at the fight 2 seconds in, once when we got it in the offensive zone after 3 offsides in a row on a 5-on-3, and once when we scored a goal. I was embarrassed for them.]

-My boy TV got a hatty!!!! He scores with such ease. It amazes me. Like he doesn't even try. And afterwards, he's all, 'oh did I score? I guess that's alright.' Even after his hat trick he played it cool!!! As opposed to Stafford's little dance. Which, by the way, was perhaps one of the prettiest goals I've ever seen. For real. Later he said that he knew he needed to score, cuz if he didn't, when he went back to the bench Lindy would rip him a new one for trying to be fancy.

-And way to go Miller! I'm happy he's playing so well right now. He deserves it. Find me a better goalie at the moment. Hopefully we can keep riding this into our next few games. He hasn't given up a goal since the hatty to Cammalleri. Hopefully he keeps it up.

-Where, when, and who came up with that crazy sweet trick play on the power play? The first time it happened, I'm like-what just happened? Then when it happened again, I was freaking out yelling, "We're the Mighty Ducks! Look!" It seriously was so sweet. And if I'm Toronto... ok if you get it by me the first couple times. But after the bazilionth power play Buffalo had... don't you think they would have expected Pommers to skate with the puck up to the line, drop it back, and Royzie would carry it in? If me-the viewer from home-sees this unfold time and time again, how can the Toronto coaching staff not? And an even better question-why did RJ and Neale not mention it? Did I miss them talking about it? I couldn't believe they didn't point it out.

-Show me someone with more heart [besides the obvious Goose] than Patty K. We're up 5-0 in the dying minutes of the game and he's diving in front of shots!! We're obviously going to win it... he doesn't need to sacrifice like that. But he does. Because that's who he is, and at that point in the game he's just playing to give Miller the shutout. Man did I miss him when he was gone. I know some people aren't big fans of his. But how could you not be? He plays hard every second Lindy gives him out there.

At the end of the day, we played hard and got Miller the shutout and us 2 important points. Next up: Montreal. The past 3 games vs. them have all been decided by 1 goal, so we need to play tight D and score early.

1 comment:

  1. I heart Patty K... <3 <3 <3 missed him dearly! So glad he is back... and glad he can see one puck instead of two now.

    ReplyDelete