Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Minus the Good.

What is it with these guys? It's like they can't win a game against Ottawa. Hey guys, Ottawa is one of the worst teams in the league. Check it out, I'm not lying. The night can be summed up in 1 word: uninspired. Both this game and last [until the 3rd]. Ottawa is one of our biggest rivals, if they can't get pumped up for this, then what will it take? It's like they freak themselves out or something. No, I wouldn't even say that. Because they're not playing skittish, scared hockey. They're playing like they're ahead 5 goals and protecting the lead.

Some notes from tonight:

-I had no idea Gerbe could hit like that. Whoa dude, did you forget that you're 5'5"? Hey, I'm not complaining. If only the rest of the team would play like that.

-Why does Butler look like a goober with a helmet on? I'm not trying to insult him, but take a look:


-I love when RJ says things like, "So-and-so failed to get good wood on it."

-Ruutu is a freaking bum. I mean, this is no news flash. But the goal Donovan scored should have never counted. Ruutu was in Miller's grill [which isn't illegal, just really, really annoying], but he totally butt-bumped him. It was weak, but it was there. We can't expect EVERY goal to be taken back, but this one should have been.

-Dear JESUS! Ryan Miller, what the heck was that goal you just let in? I realize that you can't be the best player on the ice every night, but you also can't be letting in goals like that. Not that your team even feels like helping you out at all tonight...

-So this whole cross-checking thing is very annoying to me. On the PP, if the team with the man-advantage is in the crease [ala Vanek, Goose, Staf], he can be expected to be cross-checked at least a half bazilion times. But when the team with the advantage does it back, there is a penalty called? I hate how that happens. Tonight wasn't the first time either. That just bugs the crap out of me.

-Foligno is a dirtbag. I said it earlier in the game- he always takes the cheap shots after the play when no one is looking and I can't stand that. But really, running Miller like that? Ok, so on second look it seems like he didn't quite know his location on the ice and turned around and was like, bam 'whoa I'm right in the crease already, where did that come from?' But that is no excuse. And I'm glad Butler stepped in and pushed him. Personally, I would have punched him in the face. For me, it would have been worth the 2 game suspension. That's just me though...

-Three words: One-for-Twelve

Sidenote: Why on earth was Yo-Yo wearing an "A"?

No comments:

Post a Comment